Instructions for students applying to NUS Medicine
CHANGES TO APPLICATIONS FROM 2017 ONWARDS:
1. All applicants applying to Medicine must submit a portfolio prior to being shortlisted.
2. Applicants are required to input CCA achievements via an online form instead of uploading a one-page summary.
3. Referees are required to fill up an online questionnaire regarding the applicant instead of uploading a letter of recommendation.
Your portfolio will be submitted in addition to the NUS Office of Admissions (OAM) online application by the stipulated deadline. The online application form and the respective deadlines for each qualification can be found here.
You must first apply for admission to NUS by the appropriate deadline and pay the application fee through the Office of Admissions. The application for admission is available at http://www.nus.edu.sg/oam/apply-to-nus.html. You must indicate Medicine as your first or second course choice. When you successfully submit an online application to the NUS Office of Admissions, you will be given an Application Number, which you must indicate on this portfolio submission portal.
Exceptional Individual Scheme (EIS)
The EIS is developed to exercise discretionary criteria in admitting a small number of students to the Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. Applications submitted through this route will be evaluated by the Selection Committee on the basis of exceptional talent and achievement in addition to academic results.
Please note that if you have attended the Medicine interviews previously, in addition to your online application through the NUS Office of Admissions, you must also submit an EIS application. Otherwise, you will not be granted an assessment. This is because under the normal admission criteria, a candidate is not granted repeat assessments for Medicine.
All students will need to submit a portfolio as part of their application to NUS Medicine.
The portfolio consists of the following:
1. A personal statement
2. List of co-curricular activities
3. Official testimonial from your junior college or high school
4. Two referee reports (Sample)
The portfolio requirements differ for applicants applying through EIS, more information will be provided once you select your choice of application route below.